Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wound up!

Yes, extremely wound up actually! We came back to work on Monday after our weekend to frisky horses. I actually have no idea how much they get outside but it sure isnt enough for this girl! The funny thing (and nice) is that she is great to tie/groom/tack up and you would never know how much energy she has until you put her in the round pen. Luckily we still had it up on Monday. She was crazy! She wasnt to attentive and it took much longer then I planned to get her paying attention to me instead of just trying to rip around the round pen. After I felt like she was listening to me I took her out and mounted her in the other half of the arena. Once again right into a circle we went as she was pretty amped. This time she didn't seem like she was going to offer any bucks/rears/etc just ready to go and not focusing. Once again she settled down in our circle and we were on a bigger circle in no time. This week we are working on starting to establish correct inside bend. Tracking left she tries to throw her body to your inside leg and stick her nose to the outside slightly and tip her poll inside. Basically going around looking like a mess! She was very resistant to getting of my inside leg. Tracking right she was much better but then we had the problem of her throwing her shoulder to the outside now instead of inside. It was better towards the end so im hoping today will be easier for the both of us!

It is hard because it seems like we are on a expedited program (compared to how I would start my horses) so I feel like we need to accomplish a lot in one day however it is stuff that takes horses quite a while to understand. Especially since you have to have a lot of pieces put together to achieve the overall goal and I feel as if we are trying to get the end result without all the little details.

No comments:

Post a Comment